Contractor Info (If not the same as owner)
1. Applicant attests that the information included in and with this application is completely true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief.
2. The work associated with this permit that connects to, abuts, or utilizes the right-of-way in any manner shall require the applicable contractor to have a right-of-way bond and Certificate of Liability on file with the Town.
3. All applications shall include the following uploaded documents: site plan (or plot plan), construction drawings, erosion control plan, and construction details.
4. The Town requires the following inspections for most work done under this permit type: a. Footing (inspection required before concrete is placed) b. Rough-in c. Final The inspection fees for one of each inspection type listed above are covered in the building permit fees. Additional inspections and/or re-inspections are $75 (increasing for subsequent failed inspections) and all re-inspection fees must be paid prior to the Town issuing a Certificate of Occupancy (C/O).
5. A permit is required for additions and remodel projects for commercial and residential properties if the work involves any alteration to mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC or structural items.
6. Work such as flooring, painting, carpeting, replacing shingles, windows, or siding that does include any structural, plumbing, mechanical, or electrical work may not require a permit. Please send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. An electrical permit is required when making upgrades to amperage, restarting service after a utility disconnect, installing residential back-up generators, and/or installing new service or new lines.
8. All construction sites shall keep a copy of the approved permit placard and construction plans on-site throughout construction activities.
9. The Town reserves the right to update these rules and conditions at any time without notice. The Town also reserves the right to require additional inspections or submittal materials at the discretion of the Director of Planning and Building.